charankanya on January 17th, 2012

An FBAR is the Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts Form TD F 90-22.1 from the Dept. of Treasury (US). Who must file the FBAR? If you are a “person of the United States, and if you have “financial interest in, signature authority or other authority over any financial account(s) in a foreign country” […]

Continue reading about US Taxes: FBAR Form – have you filed it?

anand on September 22nd, 2008

In an unexpected change, against the common expectations, Obama and McCain seem to be in a statistical dead heat. All votes are going to be important (remember the 600 chads of Florida that determined the election 8 years ago?). All the more reason that US citizens who are out of the country in November should register to vote by absentee ballot.

There is a relatively simple procedure to register to obtain and vote through an absentee ballot.
The Federal Voter Assistance Program website has the comprehensive instructions and forms that allow you to register for voting and request an absentee ballot.

Continue reading about USA Expats: Register to Vote through Absentee Ballot